Ogilvy Public Relations (Ogilvy PR) is a global, multi-disciplinary communications leader operating in more than 80 markets. So we’re a big network agency. But we’re a little unusual, especially in the UK. First, we’re part of the Ogilvy Group, delivering lots of integrated work with our colleagues who specialise in advertising, direct, digital, paid media, and much more. No other PR network can match our access to deep specialist resources, especially in emerging areas like data science and behaviour change, together with traditional specialisms like creative and strategic planning.
In London, we’re a team of about a hundred people, working for a great mix of global brands and British giants. We use data to shape media relations. We make great content to fuel conversations. And we use microtargeting to ensure we connect with just the right audience.
This role is critical for our next stage of growth. You will support and help your managers grow a number of flagship accounts and deliver exceptional client service. We are looking for an inspiring and ambitious Account Executive that can demonstrate creativity, media relations, and generating exceptional coverage. We’re also looking for a smart practitioner who shows flair and initiative.
• Supporting team members in the development of programmes and new business pitches, for new and existing clients, as assigned.
• Creating and developing a positive and professional relationship with your clients and other relevant contacts.
• Media relations – liaising with journalists on behalf of clients
• Undertaking research
• Coordinating meetings and events, including press conferences, annual meetings and special events.
• Contribute to brainstorming, group and team meetings, and the development and research of client programmes.
• Client Management & Satisfaction: Basic implementation and execution of account management tasks with guidance from Account Manager. Is able to follow instruction and can form effective relationships with client contacts. Responsible for delivery and monitoring of the effectiveness of client campaigns.
• Effective Management: Participates actively in team, staff and client meetings. Seeks and shares information with colleagues and clients ensuring up and down delegation.
• New Business Understanding & Capability: Supports new business research and is an active part of the creative process.
• Commercial Acumen: Understands budget management to keep client spend on track and timely. Keeps internal business management systems up to date and demonstrates clear understanding of capacity planning.
• Specialist Expertise: Proactively contributes own expertise and takes an active interest in all specialisms across the agency e.g. media, sport, creative.